Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Everything happens in threes

We've all heard this wives tale; every time something tragic happens, doesn't it always seem like it happens in threes?

Interesting, eh?

I didn't have a chance to eat breakfast and it's amazing how that on my calorie count, even skipping just a bit really is draining. My stomach was pissed! Strike one.

Then, after my busy morning, I was really looking forward to getting a workout in only to find I had left my exercise clothes sitting on my bed at home. Damn, now I was pissed at myself! Strike two.

So then all I wanted to do was to weight myself. I forgot today was Men's locker room day. Allow me to explain. My gym is going through a locker room renovation so Men have locker room use on Odd days, Women have use on even days. Crap. My scale; my control in this experiment was not accessible. Strike three?

When, I walked away from the locker room looking like my puppy died, the club manager noticed and when I explained, so nicely went into the locker room, retrieved my beloved scale and let me quickly weight in. Of course I had to do it twice because I couldn't believe my eyes!

I'd like to make an annoucement. I am formally changing the "things happen in threes" stigma to a positive thing since the three things I want to focus on are the three pounds that I dropped this week. Home run!

This evening when I got home, I was more motivated then I had been previously and hit the walking trails, family in tow, for an hour while maintaining a heart rate of 180! Turns out walking with a stroller is a pretty good workout.

This week, I feel like a new me. I feel thinner. I feel accomplished. But most of all the best feeling is that I am in control. That my weight does not rule me and that I (my mind) can make all the difference.

Updated weight as of today: 165!

No comments:

Post a Comment