Thursday, July 30, 2009

We Will Rock You

Today I took a spinning class with a new instructor and it's so interesting how the choice in music can either drive or drown a workout.

Today's music selection included a lot of Queen and songs such as "We will Rock You" and "we are the champions". Great songs with great beats to get your legs moving. But even better is that the compelling beat makes it easy to take your mind off of what you are physically doing and focus mentally on what's going on.

My mind starting racing as fast as my bike (well if it had legit wheels). Dammit Freddie Mercury; you're right! I certainly can fight til the end. There isn't time for losers. And I will rock you, er maybe I'll just work on rocking myself. Or hah, the scales for the matter.

Either way, I was pumped! And I twisted the resistance knob to the right, and even sprinted an extra song.

Now, I know I promised to discuss my cool tools. Well, allow me to show off my profile on MyDailyPlate.com, a site integrated with Livestrong.com (and who IS NOT inspired by Lance Armstrong)?? This site is fabulous! It allow you to track your food intake as well as input your exercise routines. I know what you're thinking. Yes, vigorous sexual activity burns 96 calories an hour ; )

http://www.livestrong.com/profile/waistminding/

Back on topic people! I think my favorite thing is that a) they have a blackberry ap which makes it easier and quite frankly leaves me no excuse not to record my efforts, and b) they give me merit badges. Feeding write into the hidden girl scout in me! So far, I have a badge for just logging in for three days, recording food for three days, and exercising for three days!

Now if I could only earn some money selling yummy cookies (but definitely not eating them).

No comments:

Post a Comment